Wednesday, July 21, 2010

One Year Ago Today...

Elijah was a day overdue. My coworker and wonderful friend, Angie, walked down Gay street in downtown Knoxville to Chick-fil-a. I should say she walked, I waddled. I was feeling pretty good, aside from the fact that I was working a day past my due date. :)

I ordered a large cookies 'n' cream milkshake, with the intention of saving half of it for Brent. But by the time we walked the six blocks back to work, my milkshake was gone. I don't know what happened! Elijah must have been hungry...Then the dancing began.

For hours.

Angie and I watched him do the rumba in my belly. Too much sugar...

We laughed and hoped that would be just the rush he needed to come out!

I guess it was, because at 1:00 AM the next morning, my contractions began. And at 7:06 PM that evening, he arrived.

We've decided to make it a tradition to drink a milkshake the day before his birthday each year. So here's to our first year!

Happy Birthday, Elijah! You're such a gift from God. I love you.

Mama

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing thing to see my Baby Girl with her beautiful baby boy. It brings joy to my heart and tears to my eyes. Love you much - Papa

    ReplyDelete