Monday, October 26, 2009

My View from the Front Door


I apparently have an interesting neighborhood. In discussing this picture with my mom this morning, we began talking about the rest of my neighbors. This photo you see is directly across the street. Greg, is his name. He came over shortly after we moved in to introduce himself, although we had already heard about him from other neighbors, Tim, Tom, and Jim. Greg proceeded to tell us that he drives for the YMCA, and that he does "pretty well for a multiple personality schizophrenic." Great Greg, thanks. I can't say I would let Eli on that bus EVER. What you can't see in this photo is the second school bus that is in his driveway - that's his "extra" one in case one of the other 6 breaks down. Looks like one of them is being repaired as we speak!

Next to Greg is Occi, our 82 year old widow who has alzheimers. I see her out daily when Eli and I are strolling, but I guess she doesn't remember. Because when I was outside taking this shot, she gave me a good drilling about what I was doing taking photos of her neighborhood. I reminded her that I live across the street and she said, "Yeah, I used to know the people who lived there, but I don't know the new ones." Her daughter and grandson stay with her. Though I'm not sure that the grandson makes for a good nurse unless marijuana has been legalized by the FDA as a drug of choice. Hm.....

Then there's Eva behind us. She's been our hot tamale source as of late. She is our super resourceful 87 year old divorcee. Apparently, as she has told us many times, she "will share anything with anyone except her husband!" When he began messing around, she kicked him to the curb. "You can do anything you want to when you put your mind to it. I raised my two kids all by myself and bought a house. You don't need no man to get things done." She writes faith-based poems and gives them to everyone on the street. I hope to have one soon so that I can add it. LOL. We love her.

Don't even get me started on Miss Carolyn. Her yard art is frightening, even when it's not Halloween!

Anyone want to come over??



No comments:

Post a Comment