Monday, October 26, 2009

Dilema

Here it is:

Our son's name is Elijah (first) Truett (middle). No, Truett is not a family name, we just like it. :) We thought we were being original with Elijah, because we had done our research. However, in the last couple of weeks, I have heard of two other Eli's being born in our church. And I'm irritated. If I love the name, why wouldn't I think others would also? But I so wanted him to have his own name. I love my name, but let's face it, there are about a million of us. I was never the only "Lindsay" in my class. In fact, I'm still never the only Lindsay wherever I am. I'm retarded, I know. But really. Am I just being ridiculous?

We love the name Truett. Is it too late at three months old to begin calling him Truett? And then we have the issue of him going by his middle name. Would that be too annoying for him? Let's pretend he's in his first day of school and it's roll call: "Elijah Gosnell?" "That's me. I go by Truett." Sheesh. Poor little guy. His life's already hard and he doesn't even know it.

Here's the stats on both names:

TRUETT

#2658 on BabyCenter

Gender: Boy
Origin: Norse
Meaning: Truth

ELIJAH




#44 on BabyCenter

Gender: Boy
Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: Lord is my God

Give me your honest opinion. What do you think? I would really appreciate it!

The name Elijah...


3 comments:

  1. Well, since you asked for my opinion, I'll give it! :o) You know, we adore the name "Elijah" and all the sweet nicknames that go with Eli. Lil' E is a match for lil' P. E man. ET. Baby E. I guess we could switch to lil'T. But then you have the problem of Mr. T. Can't have that!! Even though you are not the only Lindsay, it is still a beautiful name. But what else would I say, since I picked it? I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, It's Leah from church.

    I think Truett is cute! Both my sister and brother go by their middle names and they have done fine. And no, I don't think it's too late to change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you and Brent got together on the set of Elijah and the prophets of Baal in Guatemala...so I will always call him ELI:)

    B-

    ReplyDelete