Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day #2


We officially registered yesterday and began with a kick-off meeting last night. Today was our first day of classes....and childcare.

Mommy and baby are having a hard time with it. I know, I'm a wuss. But I like my life as easy as possible, and childcare makes it a little tougher. There are four babies under a year and one toddler under the supervision of two teenage gals. God bless them!! I am praying they get a good routine and understanding of each child so their lives are simpler also. Elijah was cranky all afternoon. The eczema has returned with a vengeance. He was just fussing all day and scratching everywhere. Please pray we can get a grip on this. It hurts my heart to see him so uncomfortable and be powerless to fix it. Seems no one has ever seen eczema this bad. I guess that's the curse of being a mom. When your baby hurts, you hurt. So I'm hurting for him....

Otherwise, we're doing well. It is the rainy season in Winter Park, Florida. CRAZY mad thunderstorms! Every afternoon. We live right by the fire station, so I think we heard 12 fire trucks pass by our room today.

We received another check in the mail today! Thank you! We know many of you have plans to give and we thank you in advance for that. We only lack a few thousand dollars at this point to round up our training costs. To God be the Glory.

Goodnight!
Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay, i am so jealous. You know Paul and I met at Winter Park, Florida at Staff Training 14 years ago. Praying for you my friend!

    kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember, Kerry!! I predict many a match-ups this year as well. Missing you!

    ReplyDelete